Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- Place peas and water in a saucepan; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain; place peas in a food processor or blender. Add sour cream, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Stir in tomato and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 25 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Feb 21, 2011
I have made this many times and always get good reviews. While the texture is different than traditional guacamole the taste is superb. I generally use one small avacado instead of just 2 Tbsp but othrwise follow the recipe to a T. Great lower fat alternative!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.