Festive Guacamole Appetizers
For ages, my brother's family and I have gotten together on Christmas Eve, and we always eat snacks while we open our presents. This Tex-Mex spin on classic appetizer pizza is one we have again and again. —Laurie Pester, Colstrip, Montana
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
- 20 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll one tube of crescent dough and press into a 13x8-in. rectangle. Prick with a fork; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon taco seasoning. Repeat with remaining dough and seasoning.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each rectangle crosswise to make four strips (about 8x4-in.). For trees, cut each strip into five triangles, reserving scraps at each end for another use. For trunks, insert a pretzel piece into the base of each triangle.
- Beat cream cheese and guacamole until smooth; spread over trees. Halve and seed peppers. Cut 40 stars from yellow peppers using a 3/4-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Dice and julienne remaining peppers for tree decorations. Decorate trees with pepper pieces and, if desired, cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Guacamole Appetizer Squares in Best Holiday Recipes 2015