Festive Guacamole Appetizers
For ages, my brother's family and I have gotten together on Christmas Eve, and we always eat snacks while we open our presents. This Tex-Mex spin on classic appetizer pizza is one we have again and again. —Laurie Pester, Colstrip, Montana
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
- 20 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll one tube of crescent dough and press into a 13x8-in. rectangle. Prick with a fork; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon taco seasoning. Repeat with remaining dough and seasoning.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each rectangle crosswise to make four strips (about 8x4-in.). For trees, cut each strip into five triangles, reserving scraps at each end for another use. For trunks, insert a pretzel piece into the base of each triangle.
- Beat cream cheese and guacamole until smooth; spread over trees. Halve and seed peppers. Cut 40 stars from yellow peppers using a 3/4-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Dice and julienne remaining peppers for tree decorations. Decorate trees with pepper pieces and, if desired, cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Guacamole Appetizer Squares in Best Holiday Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.