Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 375 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 12, 2018
So good and easy to make. Delicious twist on tacos
Jan 24, 2018
I had some leftover meat from tacos so I used it to make the tater tot chos. They were very easy to make and very tasty, a great way to use up my little bit of taco meat!
Apr 12, 2017
Was a very good dish. Everybody enjoyed the meal. Not very good for left overs.
Apr 10, 2017
Super fun idea & tasty!- Theresa
Sep 12, 2015
I added chopped onion and green, red, and yellow bell pepper while cooking ground beef. This turned out so good and was so easy to make. The tater tots give it a whole different taste than regular tacos. Would also make be good burrito filling.
Sep 9, 2015
This is both good and simple, very easy to adapt to various tastes. I'm a fan of tater-tots because they're gluten-free. (I think the only thing I haven't put either over or under tots is spaghetti sauce and I'll probably try that, too.)
Mar 23, 2015
Great recipe.Increase the meat & cheese, add some onion & black beans.
Jan 5, 2015
Very easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. Husband really enjoyed it!
Oct 28, 2014
This was a neat idea, we used more meat than stated and added some chiken. Some rolled them up like meat and potato burritos. We might do this again, it wasn't a huge hit.
Jul 16, 2014
These were okay, but my family ended up adding the tater tots inside our soft shell tacos. We will stick with our regular tacos instead of adding the extra work/dishes of tater tots. Thanks for the idea though!