- 2 cans (21 ounces each) raspberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-20 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil; add pie filling. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and oil. Spread over pie filling.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 8-10 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cake & Berry Campfire Cobbler
Sort By :
At home, this could be put in a crockpot and cooked on high for a couple of hours.
Nothing better when camping... served with whip cream.
Can this be made in just foil or something else? I don't have a dutch oven.
I have no access to grills. Can this be adapted to the oven?
great and easy!