Cake & Berry Campfire Cobbler Recipe
This warm cobbler is one of our favorite ways to end a busy day of fishing, hiking, swimming or rafting. Many times, Mom tops each serving with a scoop of ice cream. —June Dress, Boise, Idaho
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) raspberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-20 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil; add pie filling. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and oil. Spread over pie filling.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 8-10 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cake & Berry Campfire Cobbler in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p67
Reviews for Cake & Berry Campfire Cobbler(8)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2011
Can this be made in just foil or something else? I don't have a dutch oven.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
I have no access to grills. Can this be adapted to the oven?
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
We do this all of the time. We like one can cherries, and one can peaches. We also use butter instead of oil.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Cobbler >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cobblers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >