- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 cups hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 16 slider buns or dinner rolls, split and warmed
- In a large bowl, mix brine ingredients, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reserve 1 cup brine for cooking chicken; cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag; add remaining brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chicken. Place in a large bowl; refrigerate 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from brine and transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard brine in bag. Add reserved 1 cup brine and 1/3 cup liquid smoke to chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings (2 sliders each).
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sliders
"This was Fantastic. I was worried that the chicken would dry out like it usually does with other crock pot recipes, but it didn't. the flavor was great!"
"Wow! Absolutely tremdous! Made exactly as written, flavor was perfect."
"Was very good, made per recipe even though I was skeptical with that much liquid smoke. Wasn't overpowering at all."
"Wow! The brine makes it amazing!!! I used bone in breasts, and KC Masterpiece Hickory BBQ sauce. The flavor was out of this world and I will make it again!!"
"chicken is moist and falls apart. Great recipe."
"My family loved this! We served it on sesame seed hamburger buns with the freezer slaw and it was good! It doesn't specify what kind of liquid smoke to get so I just used the hickory smoke flavored liquid smoke and it turned out great! So easy to make too! Will def. make again!"
"This is a big hit with everyone at my house. I foolishly think there will be leftovers every time I make it. Delicious!"