- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 cups hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 16 slider buns or dinner rolls, split and warmed
- In a large bowl, mix brine ingredients, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reserve 1 cup brine for cooking chicken; cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag; add remaining brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chicken. Place in a large bowl; refrigerate 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from brine and transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard brine in bag. Add reserved 1 cup brine and 1/3 cup liquid smoke to chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings (2 sliders each).
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sliders
Sort By :
Delicious! I followed the recipe as written; very simple with basic ingredients that would be found in most peoples' pantries. I did use a barbeque sauce that did not have high fructose corn syrup; don't think that made any difference in the taste. I served it with cheesy potatoes and a green salad. Next time I'll make a double batch and freeze smaller portions for quick meals. I think it would be tasty served over a baked potato with a little sour cream and chives.
I didn't have time to brine overnight so I just made a cup of the brine to cook in. Still turned out great.
i made this many times, i don't use the store bought BBQ sauce, i make my own. It's a family favorite
Absolutely AMAZING!!!! Will make regularly. This time did double the recipe. I got two meals, second meal was a pizza. AWESOME too!!!!