BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 cups hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 16 slider buns or dinner rolls, split and warmed
- In a large bowl, mix brine ingredients, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reserve 1 cup brine for cooking chicken; cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag; add remaining brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chicken. Place in a large bowl; refrigerate 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from brine and transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard brine in bag. Add reserved 1 cup brine and 1/3 cup liquid smoke to chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings (2 sliders each).
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sliders(29)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe! I tripled the ingredients and made this for a family
BBQ and everyone absolutly loved it. One of the best BBQ recipes for chicken I have ever had or made.
I loved this recipe! The only modification I made was that I used Italian seasoning instead of Stand alone thyme because I didn't have any. The liquid smoke measurements made the chicken delicious! The brine and the slow cooker made the chicken so tender that I just used my hands to shred it. I paired mine with some Dukes Southern Cole Slaw and French fries. ..yummy!
Made this last night to see how it would taste for the upcoming Super Bowl party. This is now a favorite in my house. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
After making pork BBQ in the crockpot several times, I decided to give this recipe a try. It is fabulous and has become our go-to BBQ recipe. It is much easier to make than pork, very tender, and less fatty. Tastes delicious & freezes great. Our family loves it, and it would also be great for a crowd. I agree with others' suggestions about adding more BBQ sauce.
This was great for a crowd. I was concerned about the amount of liquid smoke but went with the amount called for. It was so good. I would add more bbq sauce next time. It was a little dry for me. Everyone at the dinner loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >