- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 cups hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 16 slider buns or dinner rolls, split and warmed
- In a large bowl, mix brine ingredients, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reserve 1 cup brine for cooking chicken; cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag; add remaining brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chicken. Place in a large bowl; refrigerate 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from brine and transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard brine in bag. Add reserved 1 cup brine and 1/3 cup liquid smoke to chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings (2 sliders each).
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sliders
Sort By :
"Was very good, made per recipe even though I was skeptical with that much liquid smoke. Wasn't overpowering at all."
"This is amazing! I thought the chicken tasted wonderful before I even stirred in the BBQ sauce. What a wonderful smoky flavor! Big hit with us!"
"Wow! The brine makes it amazing!!! I used bone in breasts, and KC Masterpiece Hickory bbq sauce. The flavor was out of this world and I will make it again!!"