- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound perch or fish fillets of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika and basil. Brush fish fillets with butter, then dip into the crumb mixture. Place in a greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Perch(11)
Sort By :
I usually use my fathers beer batter recipe but was scanning and wanted something diabetic friendly..was thrilled that it was so easy..I added a tsp of garlic pepper to the recipe and not a piece was left! To boot one of my guest was a cook at Cheesecake Factory and was totally surprised and asked for the recipe as it would be great for the restraint menu for ease and you just can't beat the flavor! I also used Italian bread crumbs..was asked when we were having again..love the fact that it can be used on any fish.. I used perch and was dancing after the first bite! delightful and didn't have to worry about raising everyone's sugar level!
Easy and tasty.
Honestly just needs a dash of pepper and it would be perfect I think.
I have made this twice now and our family enjoys it a lot. I didn't have bread crumbs the first time so I used crushed gold fish crackers and I don't think I will try it any other way! I also sprinkle the topping over the fish instead of dredging. I like the extra flavor on top. This recipe would work well with any mild fish. It's a keeper!
This is a wonderful change.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >