Cracker-Coated Fried Perch
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper. Dip the perch in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 397 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 15, 2015
Made this recipe last night. It was great. I used Regular Ritz crackers. I used a deep fryer filled with Canola oil. Yum!
Apr 2, 2009
I make my lake perch (and talapia) similar to yours except I first dip the perch in flour, then egg, then panko bread crumbs.
Mar 19, 2009
What kind of cracker is recommended?