- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable bag; add perch fillets, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Combine cornmeal and flour in another shallow bowl. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with cornmeal mixture. Place in a single layer on a plate; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
3 piece: 326 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.