Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes3-4 servings (six patties)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the cream, cornmeal, green onions, flour, baking powder, pepper and salt if desired. Flake salmon into bowl; blend gently.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drop salmon mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into butter. Fry in batches for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 320 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 654mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 12, 2017
I really liked the way these salmon patties came out, but even though I used the mustard and some old bay seasoning, they were kind of bland. I will add more seasoning the next time. Great base recipe though!
Mar 27, 2016
Cleaning out my pantry I found a can of salmon I needed to use. I found this recipe, read the reviews and based on what I read I decided to try it. I did add a bit of mustard as some cooks suggested. They were delicious! Very fast and tasty. I had dinner on the table in no time flat.
Sep 3, 2014
I tried this recipe and really like it. The salmon cakes are tender and fluffy. It's the "go to" recipe for salmon cakes now!
Mar 1, 2014
These salmon cakes were wonderful! I, like another reviewer added a little mustard. I have always used crushed crackers, but the cornmeal and the whipping cream was a nice change and I will always make them this way from now on. I think flaking the salmon and just gently folding it in last and then scooping them up with a measuring cup makes them much looser and moister than shaping them in my hands. I have also always left the bones in when using canned salmon, they are soft and add a nice bit of crunch.
Feb 8, 2014
I have made these several times....only change I made was to add some mustard. Family loves these salmon cakes. Very good and easy and quick to make.
Jan 11, 2011
this is the best salmon cake receipt I have tried. I would recommend this to anyone
Dec 8, 2010
best salmon cake receipe I have ever had, would recommend to anyone
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.