Graham Cracker Fried Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 5 min.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, place six scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze.
- Place heavy cream in a shallow bowl. Combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip ice cream balls in cream, then roll in crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining cream and set aside remaining crumb mixture.
- Roll ice cream balls again in cream, then coat again with crumbs. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry ice cream balls for 10-15 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 324 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 5, 2017
Fun dessert, not quick, but delicious. Watch the frying time carefully. We sprinkled ours with cinnamon sugar after frying. Next time I might add some crushed up cornflakes along with the graham crackers.
May 1, 2013
My family really enjoyed this. It is a bit time consuming with all the freezing, so plan ahead. I would also only fry the ice cream for about 10 seconds, because too long after that and it starts to melt and the grahm cracker crumbing starts to fall off.
Jun 6, 2011
A disappointment. First off, the amounts listed in the recipe were off. I needed to make 50% more of both the heavy cream and graham cracker mixture to have enough to cover all 6 scoops of ice cream(1/2 cup scoops as stated). Next, half of the batter fell off in the fryer, leaving a partly bald dessert. Finally, the taste wasn't that great. Pretty much just tasted like pouring crushed graham crackers over a scoop of ice cream, thus rendering all my hard work pointless. I will try the pie-crust version next time and see if that's any better.
May 1, 2009
Try Cinnamon Toast Crunch-type cereal finely crushed, either roll ice cream in it or sprinkle over. Even better than cinnamon grahams.
Apr 28, 2009
FUNNY I USED TO ORDER THAT AT CHI CHI HERE IN OH, I LOVED IT, BUT FOR NOW, I ROLL A ICE CREAM BALL INTO CRUSHED CINNAMON GRAM CRACKERS, ITS BETTER FOR ME.....ALMOST THE SAME...LOL
Apr 28, 2009
I love your website!It has a lot of great recipes that I use all the time!Some of them I haven't got a chance to try yet but would love to!I also get your magazines and enjoy them very much!