- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen meat or cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, heat sauce 5-7 minutes over medium heat or just until simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli, 1-1/2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup cheese and half of the remaining sauce; repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWeeknight Ravioli Lasagna
"This is for mugsymom2010. When I lived in KS, I used to buy Roserita Cheese Ravioli. Now that I'm in CO, I prefer Louisiana Cheese Ravioli."
"If someone can tell me of a brand of frozen ravioli or frozen lasagna that is good, please let me know. I have a friend who invites us to dinner occasionally and has served Stoffer's lasagna. It looks good but isn't, just does not taste like real lasagna. I have found a few brands of jarred sauce that are good, but would rather make a cheese sandwich than settle for mediocre lasagna."
"OK, but not a favorite."
"This has become a staple to send back with my son in grad school. I add a pound of ground round cooked and omit spinach. I've made it with a variety of ravoili and sauces - good every time! I mix the sauce and meat together to cool off the meat, then fix as directed and pop back in freezer. It tastes like it was made fresh when he cooks it. So easy and filling for hungry students!"
"I make this often with a slight variation. I add a container of cottage cheese and browned ground beef and one egg to the spinach. Makes a delicious center layer. Huge hit with the family. And i do not preheat the sauce."
"I used frozen spinach and added a layer of cottage cheese. I used cheese and spinach fresh ravioli. Deliciouse. I cooked it a little longer too. I would make this again. Janet. VFE"
"I was pleasantly surprised with this dish! I had a package of ravioli in my fridge that was a freebie from my local supermarket. I made my own tomato sauce because I have so many canned tomatoes from the summer, but otherwise made the recipe exactly as directed. Delicious! The ravioli soaked up the tomato sauce and the spinach really complimented everything. I'm going to try using ricotta between the layers next time I make this."
"I don't like to feed my family pre-prepared, processed food (ravioli) but I have to say this is a great recipe for a hectic weeknight. Using home-made tomato sauce and adding all that spinach makes it much healthier, too!! I also added some garlic and basil as per redhen1970's recommendation and it was yummy."
"With a little fresh basil and garlic, this is a highly flavorful meal, it cures the need for lasagna without all the work!! Saving for future meals!!! Thanks!!Time number 2 of making this. "Meatless Monday" Still a hit!Kim VFE"