- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen meat or cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, heat sauce 5-7 minutes over medium heat or just until simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli, 1-1/2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup cheese and half of the remaining sauce; repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWeeknight Ravioli Lasagna
"I make this often with a slight variation. I add a container of cottage cheese and browned ground beef and one egg to the spinach. Makes a delicious center layer. Huge hit with the family. And i do not preheat the sauce."
"I used frozen spinach and added a layer of cottage cheese. I used cheese and spinach fresh ravioli. Deliciouse. I cooked it a little longer too. I would make this again. Janet. VFE"
"I was pleasantly surprised with this dish! I had a package of ravioli in my fridge that was a freebie from my local supermarket. I made my own tomato sauce because I have so many canned tomatoes from the summer, but otherwise made the recipe exactly as directed. Delicious! The ravioli soaked up the tomato sauce and the spinach really complimented everything. I'm going to try using ricotta between the layers next time I make this."
"I don't like to feed my family pre-prepared, processed food (ravioli) but I have to say this is a great recipe for a hectic weeknight. Using home-made tomato sauce and adding all that spinach makes it much healthier, too!! I also added some garlic and basil as per redhen1970's recommendation and it was yummy."
"With a little fresh basil and garlic, this is a highly flavorful meal, it cures the need for lasagna without all the work!! Saving for future meals!!! Thanks!!Time number 2 of making this. "Meatless Monday" Still a hit!Kim VFE"
"This was very easy to make. Good tasting but certainly not a replacement for lasagna."
"Very easy to prepare and tasted better than I thought it would! I used meat AND cheese ravioli."
"I was really impressed with this dish!! Delicious!!! I added a half pound of ground beef to the sauce that I browned and drained, but only because my son thinks there has to be meat in any main dish. I was also generous with the cheese and sauce. Normally I don't find too much I like in dishes that are five ingredients or less, but this one was a major exception. It really does taste like lasagna!"
"This was good for a week night meal but no replacement for homemade lasagna."