—Mary Buhl, Duluth, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow pepper; cover and steam for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and thyme; shake well. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl; add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 82 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 1, 2013
This recipe is simple, but very delicious. The vinaigrette for the vegetables is very tasty, but not overpowering. I will be making this veggie dish again and again!