Celery Seed Vinaigrette
In Farmington, New Mexico, Edie Farm needs just a few minutes to stir up this simple salad dressing for two. TIP: Double the recipe so you’re sure to have extra for salad later in the week. Leftover vinaigrette will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon grated onion
- Mixed salad greens
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. Serve over salad greens.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 257 calories, 27g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Clear French Dressing in Quick Cooking September/October 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.