Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
Our Test Kitchen came up with this full-flavored vinaigrette. Roasted garlic is blended with Italian seasoning, Dijon mustard, tarragon vinegar and lemon juice in the zesty dressing. Try it drizzled over crisp greens or cherry tomatoes.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a blender. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty June/July 2003