- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow pepper; cover and steam for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and thyme; shake well. transfer vegetables to a serving bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVinaigrette Vegetables
"This recipe is simple, but very delicious. The vinaigrette for the vegetables is very tasty, but not overpowering. I will be making this veggie dish again and again!"