Turkey Pesto Subs
It was time to amp up my usual sandwich rotation. I used pesto with turkey, sweet red pepper and onion to get the crunch and munch factor going. —Rusty Koll, Elmwood, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 4 hoagie buns, split partway
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- Preheat broiler. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return turkey to pan; stir in pesto. Remove from heat.
- Place buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Top with turkey mixture and cheese. Broil 2-3 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 579 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.