Turkey Breast with Vegetables
Doris Russell of Fallston, Maryland offers the convenient option of baking just the turkey breast. Prepared with herbs and crisp-tender vegetables, no one will miss the rest of the bird. “It’s a breeze to prepare,” says Doris. “Plus, it allows you to spend more precious time with your family.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 large onions, cut into eighths
- 8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup oil, rosemary, fennel seed and garlic. Add the carrots, onions and potatoes; shake to coat.
- Place turkey breast in a shallow roasting pan. Rub turkey skin with remaining oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Arrange vegetables around turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with broth. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Originally published as Whole Turkey Breast with Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home October/November 2007
Dec 4, 2014
A delicious one dish meal. The turkey was so tender and tasty, made great turkey sandwiches with the leftovers!
Apr 28, 2010
Very easy and tasty.
Oct 9, 2008
This recipe is fantastic!