- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSweet Onion & Cherry Pork Chops
"This recipe looked great and I planned to triple it to make in a larger slow cooker to serve more people. I'm sure it is delicious, as my adaptation (in which I made many changes) came out great. I couldn't find frozen cherries so I used cranberries; didn't want to use honey so substituted brown sugar and orange juice. I'm sure it would be absolutely wonderful with the cherries. The cranberries and orange gave it a whole different flavor, but a delicious one. Would definitely make this again and will continue the hunt for frozen cherries."
"I made this recently and will certainly make it again! Very tasty and a "keeper"!"