Spiral Pepperoni Pizza Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle with seasonings. Stir in pizza sauce; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk and Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to egg mixture and toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 520 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Mar 16, 2020
Made this exactly as written, except cut all ingredients in half, and baked in a 2 quart dish. Dish was very full, and pepperoni grease overflowed on to the bottom of the oven. Didn't have a big pizza taste, but was a good casserole.
Sep 18, 2019
This was awesome! My family loved it. I did do what other reviewers said and separated it out into a 9x13 and a 8x8 pan to freeze for later. It made a lot. I also only used 1 1/2 cups milk. I also mixed the meat mixture with the noodle mixture before putting it altogether in the pans as others suggested. Adjustments I made were: I used a 26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce and a can of Rotel to spice it up a little. I used one pound of beef and one pound of Italian sausage. I also sautéed a green pepper, mushrooms and 2 cloves of garlic in with the meat. Instead of all mozzarella I used 2 cups mozzarella and 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar. This was sooooooo delicious! Definitely going down as one to make again and again!!
Oct 19, 2017
Agree with 0434068; the bottom part ruined the whole dish. The leftovers were barely edible.
Mar 10, 2016
I used Italian sausage instead of the ground beef, great!!!!
Mar 2, 2016
This was very distasteful. The top was delicious but the bottom was simply too plain. I wish I would have mixed the pasta mixture with the meat mixture like another reviewer stated. That pasta tasted raw! I could not finish my plate, although I hadn't eaten all day. But there's plenty of leftovers so that's a plus for this recipe.
Feb 24, 2016
Great recipe! I've made this many times after having found it in the Taste of Home Magazine years ago. The only change I've made is cutting the milk content to 1 1/2 C to make it less runny.
Jan 22, 2016
Delicious! 1 lb of meat is enough. We used ground turkey. Turkey pepperoni is yummy. Onion not necessary.- Theresa
Aug 10, 2015
had nice taste
Jun 14, 2015
Very good! It was like lasagne & pizza exploded together. Will make again
Jan 8, 2015
Very good, nice for leftovers.