- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine remaining ingredients; seal bag and toss to combine. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Oven Fried Chicken
"I used Panko breadcrumbs instead to make the coating more crunchy."
"Very good. Made with baked potato and veggies. Great meal. You will love this."
"The long soak in buttermilk results in very moist chicken, and the coating is very well-seasoned without being too spicy."