Southwest Hash with Adobo-Lime Crema
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes, onion and red pepper in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, adding beans during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, 1 at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, lime juice and adobo sauce. Divide sweet potato mixture among 4 bowls; top each with an egg, sour cream mixture and, if desired, avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without avocado): 304 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 222mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.
Jul 7, 2014
This recipe is delicious! I love the smoky mix of paprika and chipotle. Sweet potatoes give it a nice sweetness without being over powering. Will be making this again!
Mar 30, 2014
Been looking for more recipes using chipotle. This is a great recipe. I loved the pulled pork tip and any time I make this I add the pork. This is great using regular potatoes too.