Southwest Hash with Adobo-Lime Crema
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes, onion and red pepper in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, adding beans during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, lime juice and adobo sauce. Serve sweet potato mixture with egg, sour cream mixture and, if desired, avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without avocado): 304 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 222mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2014
This recipe is delicious! I love the smoky mix of paprika and chipotle. Sweet potatoes give it a nice sweetness without being over powering. Will be making this again!
Mar 30, 2014
Been looking for more recipes using chipotle. This is a great recipe. I loved the pulled pork tip and any time I make this I add the pork. This is great using regular potatoes too.