Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple or unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped macadamia nuts, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oils over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, onion, pepper and gingerroot; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add water. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in next five ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat until heated through, about 2 minutes. Top servings with cilantro and, if desired, chopped macadamia nuts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2018
Coming from New Zealand, where we often have (too much!) glazed ham on the bone at Xmas time (which is our summer) this is a wonderful way to use up that leftover ham, in a way that suits our season. Delicious, tropical, island-style - yum!