Sliced Ham with Roasted Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- Cooking spray
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 slices (4 to 6 ounces each) fully cooked ham, halved
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Grease two 15x10x1-in. baking pans with cooking spray. Add potatoes, carrots, turnip and onion; generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Arrange ham slices over the vegetables. In a bowl, combine concentrate, brown sugar, horseradish and orange zest. Spoon over ham and vegetables. Bake until the ham is heated through, about 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 375 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1179mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 18, 2013
Simple and tasty. Not only will we make it again, we will try variations such as sweet potatoes or butternut squash substituted for the potatoes, mostly turnips (either purple top or rutabagas), balsamic vinegar glaze instead of the horse radish ... lots of variations can be used to change the flavors to complement many entrees.