- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forScrambled Egg Muffins
"They were very good when eaten right away but freezing made the muffins rubbery."
"Added some mushrooms and diced potatoes, kids love them on the way out the door.Good job!!!"
"I made these and they taste WONDERFUL, but they completely collapsed. How do I keep this from happening?"
"Great idea with so many variations that can be done. I would say that 2 per portion is a bit more realistic."
"easy and delicious. I will try the cupcake liners next time to help with removing the muffins from the cupcake tray. A little messy!"
"These are great, but use silicone muffin liners! I tried paper, no liners and silicone, and silicone was the only way I didn't lose half the muffin!"