Salmon Vegetable Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
A bounty of vegetables keeps this salad light on calories, while salmon makes it hearty enough for a meal. It's become a springtime staple at our house. —Frances Pietsch, Flower Mound, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 4 medium), cubed
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until tender, adding asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain; rinse with cold water. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake 14-16 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Break salmon into chunks; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine potato mixture, salmon and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and pesto until blended. In a large serving bowl, combine salad greens, green onions and half of the dressing; toss to coat. Top with potato mixture. Serve immediately with remaining dressing.