Sailor Sandwiches with Caesar Mayo
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CAESAR MAYO:
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 slices sweet onion
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, cheese and seasonings. Dip fish in milk, then cornmeal mixture.
- Place on a greased broiler pan; drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the mayonnaise ingredients; spread over rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with fish, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 25, 2014
This was easy to prepare and very tasty.
Feb 7, 2012
Awesome fish sandwich! Definite keeper! We did take the previous suggestions and added about 1/2 c. mayo. We also grilled rathered than broiled.
Sep 12, 2011
This recipe is one of my husband's favorite dinners! I have made it many times and we haven't gotten tired of it yet!
Jan 30, 2011
quick ez delicious
Apr 17, 2010
This is an excellent fish sandwich, quick and easy; I used tilapia fillets and they worked well. I agree with the comments about the mayo measurement needing adjustment, I added an additional 1/2 c. to make it thick enough to spread on the rolls, I now have enough for additional sandwiches.
Feb 26, 2010
My husband's not a big fish eater, but really loved these sandwiches. I used tablespoons for the mayo, plus added a tad bit more mayo and hot pepper sauce. Even my three and two year old gobbled these down!!
Feb 19, 2010
So far I have made these sandwiches three times. The first time I made these with cod, the second time with tilapia, the third with chicken breast (our lunch guest had severe fish allergy). Very delicious sandwich which my husband actually requests, so it must be good! All three times the sandwiches turned out tasty. The Caesar Mayonnaise makes the difference.
Feb 19, 2010
These sandwiches are delicious and one I'd make only when my third son is not home, as he's deathly allergic to seafood. This recipe is a keeper, though, and one the rest of my family loves.
Jun 16, 2009
I made this last night and based on the comment that the mayo (maybe) should be 4 tablespoons that's what I did and I would bet that is how it should be. It was really runny otherwise. The flavor is very good - the mayo makes it! I forgot to drizzle the butter and think it would have been a good addition as the fish coating was a little on the crunchy side.
May 9, 2009
i thought these were excellent as is! great taste! made a few times and everyone was very pleased!