Roasted Butternut Squash Dippers
When it comes to fries, I've made everything from apple and carrot to pumpkin and zucchini. The sour cream sauce is just heavenly. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (2/3 cup dip)
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel, halve and seed squash; cut into 3x1/2-in. strips. Spread in a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan; toss with oil. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes, stirring once.
- Sprinkle with seasonings. Mix dip ingredients; serve with squash.