Roasted Butternut Squash Dippers
When it comes to fries, I've made everything from apple and carrot to pumpkin and zucchini. The sour cream sauce is just heavenly. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (2/3 cup dip)
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel, halve and seed squash; cut into 3x1/2-in. strips. Spread in a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan; toss with oil. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes, stirring once.
- Sprinkle with seasonings. Mix dip ingredients; serve with squash.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 208 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 8g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Best Butternut Squash Fries in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.