Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (3 to 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first six ingredients. Add squash cubes; toss to coat. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Divide squash evenly among tortillas. Top with queso fresco, avocado and red onion. If desired, serve with pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 353 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 13g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2017
I didn't use butternut squash but instead had leftover sweet potato. I found on a separate recipe that 1 med butternut squash = about 2.5C cubed. I cut this recipe in half for just my husband and I. Because it was sweet potato and not squash, the potatoes were actually done in about 12 minutes. I didn't have avocado but instead used yellow bell pepper which I roasted with the sweet potato for about 3 minutes. Overall this was a great use of leftover ingredients. I'd love to try this with actual butternut squash next time.
Sep 25, 2017
Excellent! Even the hubby enjoyed these and he is not a huge butternut squash fan. No changes perfect just the way they are.