Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (3 to 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first six ingredients. Add squash cubes; toss to coat. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Divide squash evenly among tortillas. Top with queso fresco, avocado and red onion. If desired, serve with pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 353 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 13g fiber), 11g protein.
Dec 23, 2017
I didn't use butternut squash but instead had leftover sweet potato. I found on a separate recipe that 1 med butternut squash = about 2.5C cubed. I cut this recipe in half for just my husband and I. Because it was sweet potato and not squash, the potatoes were actually done in about 12 minutes. I didn't have avocado but instead used yellow bell pepper which I roasted with the sweet potato for about 3 minutes. Overall this was a great use of leftover ingredients. I'd love to try this with actual butternut squash next time.
Sep 25, 2017
Excellent! Even the hubby enjoyed these and he is not a huge butternut squash fan. No changes perfect just the way they are.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.