Roasted Asparagus Risotto
This recipe's wow factor makes it perfect for special occasions. To save time, the asparagus and prosciutto can be roasting while the rice cooks on the stovetop. They'll be ready to stir into the risotto by the time the rice is done. —Deonna Mazur, Buffalo, New York
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking sheet. Bake, uncovered at 400° until crisp- tender, stirring occasionally, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place prosciutto in another ungreased baking pan. Bake at 400° until crisp, 10-12 minutes. Crumble prosciutto; set aside prosciutto and asparagus.
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute shallot and garlic in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the wine, pepper and salt. Cook and stir until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, 20 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, prosciutto and cheese; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 311 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.