Pomegranate Cranberry Relish
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange zest. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 144 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2012
We love pomegranates and cranberries, and were excited to find a recipe that combines both. I have made this cranberry relish for several years, and is now the only recipie I will use. We have two pomegranate trees, and I make this all season until we run out of pomegranates. It goes with everything!
Dec 8, 2010
When I first made this relish, it was so good that I vowed never to buy canned cranberry sauce again! I could hardly wait for cranberries and pomegranates to come back in season so I could make some more.