Pomegranate Cranberry Relish
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange zest. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 144 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 26, 2012
We love pomegranates and cranberries, and were excited to find a recipe that combines both. I have made this cranberry relish for several years, and is now the only recipie I will use. We have two pomegranate trees, and I make this all season until we run out of pomegranates. It goes with everything!
Dec 8, 2010
When I first made this relish, it was so good that I vowed never to buy canned cranberry sauce again! I could hardly wait for cranberries and pomegranates to come back in season so I could make some more.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.