Fresh Cranberry Relish
This no-cook cranberry medley spiced with cinnamon and ginger is a wonderfully refreshing complement for a savory entree. The tartness mellows as the relish chills.—Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium orange, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Grated orange zest, optional
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, overnight to blend. If desired, serve with fresh grated orange zest.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 113 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Crantastic Relish in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.