Fresh Cranberry Relish
This no-cook cranberry medley spiced with cinnamon and ginger is a wonderfully refreshing complement for a savory entree. The tartness mellows as the relish chills.—Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium orange, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Grated orange zest, optional
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, overnight to blend. If desired, serve with fresh grated orange zest.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 113 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Crantastic Relish in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014