- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 pecan halves
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine 1/2 cup pineapple, brown sugar, butter and 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Alternate cherries and pecans over the sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting reserved pineapple juice for water. Stir in lemon peel, vanilla and remaining pineapple. Spoon over cherries and pecans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
"Amazing!! I used a yellow cake mix instead & left out the nuts & cherries and it was still amazing"