Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 slices canned pineapple
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle brown sugar into an 8-in. ovenproof skillet. Arrange pineapple in a single layer over brown sugar; place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in crushed pineapple. Spoon over fruit.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For crust, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cracker crumbs and cinnamon; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until toasted. Cool. Just before serving, top cheesecake with toasted crumbs, pressing to adhere. Invert cheesecake onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 549 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2018
I love this recipe. Plus it's very simple to make???
Jun 13, 2016
Small but fabulous. I didn't have to try and find people to give it to. ... Since I'm the only one that lives here I froze half. This one's a keeper one of the easiest cheesecakes I ever made . Pineapple Yum!
Mar 28, 2016
Made this for Easter dinner, and everyone loved the creamy with the traditional taste.