Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 slices canned pineapple (one 8-oz. can)
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle brown sugar into an 8-in. ovenproof skillet. Arrange pineapple in a single layer over brown sugar; place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in crushed pineapple. Spoon over fruit.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For crust, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cracker crumbs and cinnamon; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until toasted. Cool. Just before serving, top cheesecake with toasted crumbs, pressing to adhere. Invert cheesecake onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 549 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 26, 2018
I love this recipe. Plus it's very simple to make???
Jun 13, 2016
Small but fabulous. I didn't have to try and find people to give it to. ... Since I'm the only one that lives here I froze half. This one's a keeper one of the easiest cheesecakes I ever made . Pineapple Yum!
Mar 28, 2016
Made this for Easter dinner, and everyone loved the creamy with the traditional taste.