Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 pecan halves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons butter; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into an ungreased 6-in. round baking pan. Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer in pan; place cherries and pecans in center of pineapple slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Beat in the egg, milk, reserved pineapple juice and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 353 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2009
I have a 6-inch cast iron skillet that is perfect for making this cake. I have made it several times and it is perfect for a couples dinner or for the 2 of us with leftovers the next day.
Jan 8, 2008
It was a tight squeeze getting the four pineapple slices in the cake pan, and one ended up more oval than round, but this was still tasty. My husband and I both agree that it's not as rich as my "full-size" upside down cake, but we thought it made a nice treat for just two people.