Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 canned unsweetened pineapple slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 290 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 27, 2019
These were great. As someone who doesn’t own a good processor I am always on the look out for easy baking recipes that don’t require that and can be made in a flash when the need for a sweet arises. These are so easy and taste like little pineapple donuts. I recently switched up the recipe and made them in tiny muffin tins so they were bite sized. I used fresh pineapple, a pinch of brown sugar, then xylitol for the remaining sugar. I swapped out the milk for almond milk and the butter for vegan butter and they still turned out great and super low calorie. Thank you so much for this.
Jul 30, 2016
I usually love Taste of Home recipes, but this is the worst thing I ever made. I am a good cood of many years and I made NO mistakes. This is just bad. Shame on you Taste of Home.....
May 17, 2015
Worst dessert I've made. Dough was heavy and not enough liquid from pineapple and sauce to moisten. Would not recommend.
Aug 4, 2014
Perfect size and moistness. I switched out the sugar for splenda and used fake butter and wheat flour. Think next time I will try adding dab of cocoa powder in the mix. Glad it was so small because i would have eaten more for sure.
May 8, 2014
Per serving this has 106 more calories than the Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe in the muffin tins. You can always freeze others for when company comes.
May 8, 2014
It was great not having to eat the same thing for a week or more. Would love more recipes for two!
May 3, 2014
Made this last night....due to health issues did some adjusting, less salt and less sugar also part splenda and part whole wheat flour. Very pleased with the results!
May 2, 2014
Has anyone tried this using splenda and light brown sugar?
May 2, 2014
This is "heart healthy", not diet healthy. Big difference. I will definitely make this.
May 1, 2014
I love Pineapple Upside Cake. It is so refreshing and light. This makes the perfect size!