Philly Cheesesteak Won Ton Cups
I love the versatility of wonton wrappers. You can fill them with any mix of flavors or ingredients to suit your tastes. The first batch I tried used a Mexican-inspired filling, which was delicious. These wonton cups are a spinoff on Philly cheesesteak, one of my favorite sandwiches. —Cyndy Gerken, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into 3/4-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- Chopped sliced pepperoncini and steak sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Press wonton wrappers in greased muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and green pepper until tender, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Toss beef with Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and pepper. In same pan, cook and stir beef mixture over medium heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Place about 2 tablespoons beef mixture in each cup; sprinkle each with scant 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake cups until heated through, 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately. If desired, top with pepperoncini and serve with steak sauce.