Easy Philly Cheesesteaks
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 medium sweet red or green peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese, halved
- Pickled hot cherry peppers, optional
- Place onions and red peppers in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add beef, soup mix and broth. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Arrange buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Using tongs, place meat mixture on bun bottoms; top with cheese.
- Broil 2-3 in. from heat 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted and bun tops are toasted. If desired, serve with cherry peppers.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without cherry peppers): 539 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Jan 11, 2018
Very easy, very favorable. These sandwiches are so easy to make and they are delicious!! Definitely a great winter crock pot recipe.
Apr 20, 2017
I don't know which I love more: the sandwich or the fact it can be cooked in a crock-pot!
Jul 26, 2016
Delicious. Hubby thought it was perfect I added a touch of steak sauce to mine and loved it best that way. Both of us give it a 10/10 . Oh, only change was a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses instead of provolone. Yep, gonna make this many times, especially in the summer when I don't need to have my stove on. Great recipe
Mar 2, 2016
This recipe was easy! I loved how it uses just simple ingredients. I did find that the meat was a little bland so next time I'll add more sauce or seasonings. Otherwise - delish! Great for using the slow cooker on busy weeknights.
Mar 25, 2015
I followed the recipe as written but my husband who loves provolone actually preferred this with cheddar cheese instead . Great easy recipe!
Jun 16, 2014
This was easy and it was good too. The only thing I would do differently next time is to season the meat more.
Feb 8, 2014
I made this with chicken and added a little Worcestershire sauce for flavor. Delicious!
Aug 2, 2013
I would not have thought of making these wonderful sandwiches in the slow-cooker. Brilliant. And, successful. Bravo!
Jul 24, 2013
Delish! And easy! Followed directions exactly and it was a huge hit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.