Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi
My family loves this quick and comforting meal. It has all the flavors of a Philly cheesesteak in a bowl, so it's a whole lot less messier than the real deal. —Lauren Wyler, Dripping Springs, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with green pepper, onion and jalapeno over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, pepper and salt until smooth; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in beef mixture; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain; add to sauce, stirring gently. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 512 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.