Traditional Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded or julienned cooked roast beef
- 1/3 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce over crust and dot with cream cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup provolone cheese. Top with pepper mixture, beef, pepper rings and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 439 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 7, 2013
This pizza is delicious. If one is going to cook, one has to expect some prep work. People today are so LAZY. No wonder they are so fat. They have no idea what they put in their mouths. My husband loved the pizza he is the meat eater.
May 18, 2012
Very hearty pizza. Didn't have any leftover beef, so I grilled a ribeye to use. Will also cook the crust for 5 minutes before topping next time.
Feb 10, 2012
Not sure why people say this has alot of prepwork...it doesn't. You can't expect to just throw a few things together and call it "cooking". This pizza is amazing! Had it the other day and I'm making it again tonight. I followed the recipe exactly except ommited the onions.
Nov 10, 2011
Great weekenight dinner. I followed the recipes except omitted the pickled pepper rings. I used leftover flank steak. The crust definitely needs to be prebaked.
Aug 10, 2011
Edible but not delicious. It's OK. Lots of prep. work. Prefer traditional pizza, I guess. Flavor combination was strange. Philly cheese steak should be left alone, as a sandwich, not made into other recipes (my opinion). Good try but does not pop with the expected flavor.
Jun 28, 2011
Taste just like a Philly Cheesesteak! All the peppers were fabulous! I will make this on again!
Jun 24, 2011
I made the recipe today. It has kept my interest for a long time. I think I needed more onions. I only did half of a small onion. That was on me. A little in way of prep work but all in all a good pizza. Thanks for the recipe!