Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 French rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Cut rolls horizontally in half. Place bottoms on a baking sheet; broil 3-4 in. from heat until toasted, about 30 seconds. Top with beef mixture, then with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 45-60 seconds.
- Place roll tops on a baking sheet; broil 3-4 in. from heat until toasted, about 30 seconds. If desired, spread with mayonnaise. Close sandwiches.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring occasionally. Prepare sandwiches as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 417 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2019
I made these last night and they were very good. My husband said twice, "Very good sandwich, Honey", which means her really liked it or he wouldn't have commented at all. I think next time a little Worcestershire sauce should be added though. Thanks, Mandy, for another good one!
Dec 27, 2017
Although not quite a cheesesteak, this was a nice, quick sandwich. I paired with soup on a cold night.