Pepperoni Pizza Chili
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepperoni, green pepper, pizza seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 236 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1102mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 1, 2020
I've been making this recipe for a long time and everyone always enjoys it.
Oct 21, 2019
This is absolutely the best chili ever! I won second place at our chili cook-off only missed 1st by 1 point! Seriously good. Followed recipe only I tripled it! Give it a try - you won't be sorry - your family will love it!
Sep 24, 2017
I doubled the beef, pepperoni, italian seasoning, and added a can of chili beans, some cayenne pepper and chili powder. Set on low in crockpot for 8 hours. Perfect! All the flavors warming up together all day made for a very flavorful dish.
Sep 19, 2017
Very good. Added a pound of bulk sausage meat and used a can of chili with beans instead of the kidney beans.
Feb 1, 2016
I'm glad I tested this recipe-I honestly felt that the recipe could've been more flavorful! I used ground turkey instead of ground beef for health reasons & browned the turkey in 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. I had substituted a 24-oz. jar of Marinara sauce since I didn't have pizza sauce. I'd omitted the tomato sauce, but used the Italian stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, water, salt, Italian seasoning, 1 WHOLE green pepper. I substituted a 3-oz. summer sausage from Hickory Farms since I didn't have pepperoni on hand. This was good and I did enjoy it! Thank you for sharing! ( Please note that it WAS NOT the ground turkey needing more flavor!) delowenstein
Jan 13, 2015
This recipe was a nice change from traditional chili recipes! We added sour cream as well as cheese to the final product......mmmmmm!
Jan 2, 2015
This is so easy to make and everyone always loves it. We pair it with garlic bread.
Sep 19, 2014
4 out of 5 of the people living in our household enjoy this chili. The other one doesn't eat ground beef, so she doesn't count.
Mar 25, 2014
I'm a big fan of chili and every Friday night by family does pizza themed food. This I had to try for Friday and it was very delicious! I will definitely be doing this again!
Feb 22, 2014
I just won a chili cook-off with this recipe!!! Super good!