Peanut Butter Logs
These peanut butter logs have definitely stood the test of time. My husband has been enjoying them since he was a toddler! —Micky Faginkrantz, Ft. Bliss, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; stir in cereal. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Working with half of dough, scoop into tablespoonfuls and shape into 1/2-in.x2-in.-thick logs. Place on waxed paper-lined pans.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip or drizzle over logs. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Chill until set. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.