Gingerbread Yule Logs
I was never fond of gingerbread until I rolled it up with Nutella. These logs make a fabulous addition to any cookie platter.—Terri Gilson, Calgary, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest, optional
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a large bowl; gradually beat flour mixture into corn syrup mixture. Beat in cream cheese. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On parchment paper, roll dough into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Cut into three 12x6-in. rectangles.
- In a small bowl, mix Nutella and, if desired, lime zest; spread over rectangles. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into four logs; place on greased baking sheets, seam side down. With the tines of a fork, make strokes in dough to resemble bark if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom and edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and water until smooth; drizzle over cookies. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 459 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.