Peanut Butter Teddies
These adorable teddies are almost too cute to eat but that won't stop the crew of youngsters who helped make them from gobbling them up.—Cynthia Kolberg, Syracuse, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 72 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 teaspoons)
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- For each bear, shape the dough into one 1-in. ball, one 3/4-in. ball, six 1/2-in. balls and one 1/4-in. ball. On an ungreased baking sheet, slightly flatten the 1-in. ball to form the body. Place the 3/4-in. ball above body for head. For limbs, place four 1/2-in. balls next to the body. For ears, place two 1/2-in. balls next to the head.
- For nose, place the 1/4-in. ball in the center of the head. Add two chocolate chips for eyes and one chip for belly button. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Teddies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002