Walnut & Fig Goat Cheese Log
Here's a simple spread that calls for only a handful of ingredients. The tablespoon of honey is optional, but I think that touch of sweetness nicely complements the tang of the goat cheese. —Ana-Marie Correll, Hollister, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 8 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, crumble cheese. Stir in figs, 1/4 cup walnuts, pepper and, if desired, honey. Shape mixture into a log about 6 in. long. Roll in remaining walnuts. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 93 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Walnut & Fig Goat Cheese Log in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016