Appetizer Blue Cheese Logs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese logs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in cheddar and blue cheeses. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add curry powder; saute 1-2 minutes. Stir in pecans; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Cool slightly. Roll cheese mixture into two logs, each about 5 in. long. Roll in pecan mixture; refrigerate. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 196 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2011
I tried this recipe several years ago. It came on a cut out card from a taste of home cookbook. It was wonderful and I make this frequently for gatherings and everyone loves it.