Appetizer Blue Cheese Logs
Three kinds of cheese and some curry powder make this cheese log a little more lively than most. Swipe it on your favorite cracker with a drizzle of honey for a sensational snack. —Ethel Johnson, North Saanich, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese logs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in cheddar and blue cheeses. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add curry powder; saute 1-2 minutes. Stir in pecans; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Cool slightly. Roll cheese mixture into two logs, each about 5 in. long. Roll in pecan mixture; refrigerate. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 196 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 30, 2011
I tried this recipe several years ago. It came on a cut out card from a taste of home cookbook. It was wonderful and I make this frequently for gatherings and everyone loves it.