Oyster Cheese Appetizer Log
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes32 servings (2 logs)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (3-3/4 ounces each) smoked oysters, well-drained and chopped
- 3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- In mixer bowl, combine the cheese, steak sauce, Miracle Whip, garlic and onion. Stir in oysters and 1 cup of pecans. Shape into two 9-in. logs. Roll logs in mixture of chili powder, remaining pecans and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 117 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 21, 2020
Outrageously good! This has a perfect balance of savory taste with a spicy kick from the raw onion and chili powder. My guests raved about this appetizer, including the picky eaters. Thanks Bill, this one is a keeper!
Nov 29, 2019
I made this and loved it, what to do with second log? How long do you think this would keep in the freezer and should I roll in pecans before freezing or after I thaw, Thanks for advice!
Nov 29, 2017
This was so good! It never made it to the roll in pecans though. I just used it as a dip. But plan to make it again as a roll for a Christmas party. I thought it got better as time went on. Very tasty.
Mar 1, 2011
We love smoked oysters, so when I found this recipe, I jumped on board. Not only was it easy to prep, I had everything on hand but the cream cheese. I did toast the pecans, which I believe just added to the smokey flavor of the oysters. It was a big thumbs up here, not ony for family, but friends. Definitely going to make it for my Mardi Gras celebration. A recipe file keeper! malverna