Oyster Cheese Appetizer Log
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes32 servings (2 logs)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (3-3/4 ounces each) smoked oysters, well-drained and chopped
- 3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- In mixer bowl, combine the cheese, steak sauce, Miracle Whip, garlic and onion. Stir in oysters and 1 cup of pecans. Shape into two 9-in. logs. Roll logs in mixture of chili powder, remaining pecans and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 117 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 14, 2018
Who uses Miracle Whip?!? This is to be kept far back in the pages of “American trash food” Slimy and disgusting. Who eats this crap??? ??
Nov 29, 2017
This was so good! It never made it to the roll in pecans though. I just used it as a dip. But plan to make it again as a roll for a Christmas party. I thought it got better as time went on. Very tasty.
Mar 1, 2011
We love smoked oysters, so when I found this recipe, I jumped on board. Not only was it easy to prep, I had everything on hand but the cream cheese. I did toast the pecans, which I believe just added to the smokey flavor of the oysters. It was a big thumbs up here, not ony for family, but friends. Definitely going to make it for my Mardi Gras celebration. A recipe file keeper! malverna