Maple & Blue Cheese Steak
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, 5 tablespoons maple syrup, mustard and thyme. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add the steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pecans in oil until toasted. Stir in remaining maple syrup. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet and spread onto waxed paper to cool completely.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill, over medium heat, for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place reserved marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Divide steak slices between two plates. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 475 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2017
DELICIOUS AND ABSOLUTELY NO ADJUSTMENTS!!
Jun 14, 2014
Delicious!!! Will be making this again on Father's Dad, it is my husband's request for his special meal! Love the pecans and cheese, it just makes the dish so special!
Jun 18, 2011
Just served for Father's Day, minus the pecans, and it was a hit
Dec 16, 2010
Very tasty. Such a nice change from regular steak. Definitely will make again!
Jun 7, 2009
An absolute delicious dish! I recommend it to anyone who wants to liven up a boring cooking routine.