Pecan Cheese Logs
Monterey Jack, Colby and cream cheese come together with seasonings to create these logs that everyone will enjoy. Roll them in toasty pecans for the perfect finishing touch. —Melissa Goff, Burkburnett, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes2 logs (12 servings each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Butter-flavored crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheeses, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Shape mixture into two logs, about 6 in. long. Roll in pecans, pressing down gently.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 189 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Nannie's Cheese Log in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.